pages

Saturday, June 15, 2013

[SPONSOR L♥VE] MEET KAY

Hi beauties! Today I am introducing you to one of my sponsors, her name is Kay and she blogs over at Banini Beauty a blog about beauty, fashion, jewelry and crafts. She is located in the UK and has a You Tube channel.. how awesome is that?

Tell me a little bit about yourself.



I'm a beauty blogger who has a huge weakness for anything cute. Therefore I tend to buy products based on their packaging. Etude House is def one of my fave brands for cute packaging!

I also love to make jewellery if I have the time to spare, my main material of choice is polymer clay, Swarovski Crystal beading and felting. I did try to learn to crochet but I've given up at the moment since it's too hard!

Where can we find you?


 How did you come up with your blog’s name?

It's a bit of a long story but bear with me! 
Basically, back when I was at Uni after a looooong night of revision, I think it must have been like 2-3 am, we wandered back to our dorms and I noticed the Moon was in it's Crescent shape. Being a little disorientated since I was tired, I said it looked like a banana, that conversation soon ended up being about Paninis and somehow I managed to blurt out the moon was a banini! Weird, I know. That nickname then stuck with me and because my blog is about beauty, I just added it on the end to get to Banini Beauty! 

What kind of posts do you write?

I write a mixture of things, although of course, since it's a beauty blog there are skincare, make up, hair care reviews etc. I do mostly write about Korean brands but I do write about Western brands as well.

As I love my crafts, there are posts on those as well whether it be jewellery or felting posts.

You will probably find the odd random posts of holidays, concerts, music and food as these are the things I love in life!

Anything special going on with your blog?

I currently have a giveaway happening which was meant to be for my blog birthday but got delayed. There are six winners, I know it's a huge amount but I had a lot of double gifts etc that I couldn't use myself and thought I would give them away!

Since there are quite a few winners, the end date of the giveaway isn't until August which is ages away I know, but I need to save for the shipping cost!

Any new products that you have tried that you would recommend to us? 

I'm a recent YSL convert and I love the Babydoll Mascara, although the eyeliner and lip gloss is great too! 

I also love my YSL Rouge Pur Couture Golden Lustre Rose De Saba Lipstick, the colour is so natural and it glides on well! 

Anything by Urban Decay is also great and I love the OZ Theodora Palette 

What are your make-up must haves?

A Make Up Primer - I love my Laneige Primer , it helps to keep oil under control and my make up stays put!

My Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer - I'd be lost without this!

A BB Cream - I love my BB Cream, I tried a CC Cream January of last year and didn't like it, so I converted back to my BB Creams. My current faves are ones by Mizon and Liole. I've tried loads of BB Creams and I have quite a few reviews on my blog. Although my first posts of these aren't that great, the embarrassment when you just start out blogging!"

What items are you lusting over?

"I'm not lusting over any make up goodies at the moment but I'm totally lusting over a Wacom Cintiq 13 HD Tablet, which, if you happen to like drawing, will know it's the newest Wacom drawing tablet that's out and the features look amazing!

I drool over every youtube video I watch over it, but since it costs over £600, I can't afford to get one just yet T_T"

Who is your fashion icon and why?

I don't really have a fashion icon as such but Yoon Eun Hye, a Korean actress, is always well dressed. I also like Japanese street fashion too although I'm not brave enough to wear those out here in the UK!

Share some of your latest accomplishments in or out of the blogging world.

Accomplishments? Hmmmm, I've not won any awards or anything like that but I'd like to think I've gained confidence in myself and it's a hobby that I look forward to doing. I'm actually surprised I've managed to blog this long so far as I tend to get into a hobby and then leave it after a few months!

I've also accomplished a lighter bank account since blogging has made me spend way more than I normally would! I blame other bloggers who blog great reviews about products which make me want to splurge!

No comments:

Post a Comment