pages

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Sunday Social #52

Why yes, it has been a little quiet around the blog again, nothing bad has been happening. I have just been busy with work and enjoying my last week of freedom before school starts (tomorrow.) I always get a little nervous but also excited to start a new school year so wish me luck!

Also before I get to today's Sunday Social I would like to take a moment to share some sad news. Yesterday I received a text from my mom saying that my Nina's dog had passed away. Mimi was pretty much like a second family dog to all of us and of course I got very sad. But I know that she is in a better place now and at least I am thankful that I got to spend some time with her the day before she passed away. 

 photo 54E29491-463A-4C27-97D2-061760568758-5143-0000039793F71C29_zps0b0e05b4.jpg

 photo BECDA52E-31A9-47F2-9C5D-FB84AA365A3F-5143-00000397A737B385_zps22f10d9e.jpg

 photo 36C26531-4593-4BE6-9621-A1E93AFC4E49-5143-00000397B49A69BC_zps2c3afe07.jpg 

So may you rest in peace Mimi and thank you for looking out for us when we were younger, for being such a great dog and companion. I will miss you!

*********************************************************************************

What do you miss most about being a kid?

via

This picture pretty much sums it up. Being an adult can be really stressful with all the new responsibilities that we have, such as bills, worrying about our future, dating and blah blah blah. Back I was a child all I had to worry about was waking up early enough on Saturdays so I could watch my favorite cartoons.
Did you have a nickname growing up? What was it?

My family called me either Jessy or Jess. But in high school one of my friends started to call me "bubbles" ( I honestly do not remember why) so a couple of my other friends started to call me that. But it only lasted for like a year or so.

What was your favorite thing to do at recess?

via
I remember eating my lunch really fast so I could go and play hopscotch.

What did you want to be when you grew up?

Oh gosh, I went through sooooo many phases. I wanted to be a teacher, then a vet, then a secretary, then my grandpa told me that I shouldn't be someone's secretary, I should have my OWN secretary. So now I want to be a big shot in the business world with a fantastic office that has an AMAZING view and an assistant like Ryan Reynolds. So pretty much I want to be like Sandra Bullock in 'The Proposal' except for the bitchy bad attitude part.

 Did you participate in any school activities?


Soccer. It has always been a BIG part of my life.

What is the funniest thing you did as a kid that your parents still remind you about?

I've had A LOT of blonde moments during my life. Some of them I am not proud of, like the first time that my family was recording a family video to send to my aunts in Cali. Whenever the camera would focus on me I would stop and pose thinking it was a camera and they were taking pictures of me. In the video my Mom was telling me "Jessy don't pose, it's not a camera baby" and you can see me getting mad at my Mom for embarrassing me. Ugh wish I could go back and delete that scene FOREVER!

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha that someecard is great. And OMG how amazing would it be to have an assistant as hot at Ryan Reynolds?! I am with you on that grown-up dream, haha

    <3, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks, I found on in pinterest and I was like "OMG that is sooo me" lol

      Or have an assistant like Channing Tatum or Ryan Gossling wouldn't be that bad either ;)

      XOXO Jessica

      Delete