pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Namaste

I have always been all about a good work out, that's why I LOVED playing soccer. Some days we would work on conditioning and some others we would just work on our foot skills, but in every single practice we always ran at least 5 miles. Which now seem like A LOT since I am so out of shape :(

Last Thursday I was talking to one of my co-workers (who also happens to go to the same college as me) about my current  lack of exercise. She mentioned how she takes yoga classes at school,  and if you are a a full time student all you gotta do is  show your ID and you would get in for free. I have always wanted to do yoga but I have always been hesitant to spend a lot of money on it, I mean the cheapest plan I could find was $15 per session (one hour session) and that was just too much for a broke college student.

So I decided to go with her to her Friday yoga class. And let me tell you something, after only one class I got hooked. I LOVE it! I have never felt so relaxed in my life, plus I stretched some muscles that I didn't realize I had. I just finished my 4th class today and I feel amazing. Not only do I find inner peace and get a killer work out, but I also get this:

via

I hope to accomplish the second pose (with the girl) by the end of the year btw :)

We do different poses everyday which is great because we work on different parts of our body, and after each class we  say "Namaste" to our teacher. I never knew what it meant and I never really cared to find out until now.

"The gesture Namaste represents the belief that there is a Divine spark within each of us that is located in the heart chakra. The gesture is an acknowledgment of the soul in one by the soul in another. Nama means bow, as means I, and te means you. Therefore,namaste literally means "bow me you" or "I bow to you." For a teacher and student, Namaste allows two individuals to come together energetically to a place of connection and timelessness, free from the bonds of ego-connection. " -via
Wow, how deep is that? LOVE it!



2 comments:

  1. I just started doing yoga as well and I LOVE IT too! I'm hooked! :) I also want to learn that pose by the end of summer, might be a stretch but I'm hoping! Best to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm super impressed with that girl's pose! Haha, there's no way I could ever, ever do that!

    ReplyDelete