pages

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Sunday Social #17



Wohooo! More Holiday questions in this week's Sunday Social. And of course I am linking up with Ashley from Ashley's Carnival Ride & Neely from A Complete Waste of Make Up

1. Favorite Holiday Movies/TV Specials?

This was actually part of the 'Capturing December' challange (Day #2) You can check my absolute FAVORITE movie here.

But aside from that one I also like:
via

Mickey's once upon a Christmas.
via
A Charlie Brown Christmas

via
How the Grinch Stole Christmas

2. Do you do any volunteering during the holidays if so what? 

4 Christmases ago my family and I decided that instead of buying presents for each other we would just put all the money we would spend on each other and just adopt a family.

So we only give out presents within a household (like I give presents to my parents and siblings but not to my uncles & cousins)

Once we have "adopted' a family we figure out what we can give them. We always make sure to "adopt' a family with kids, so we can make sure that those kids have a MERRY Christmas.

In my house we got assigned the toys, so we bought each kid (4 kids) 4 toys :)

Once everyone has bought what they were supposed to (toys, clothing, household essentials) we all get together and we wrap the presents for the kids and make sure we don't forget anything. 

We don't ever get to meet the families, but just knowing that we did something to help those in need is enough :)

We also work at the Soup Kitchen around Christmas time whenever we can.

After all, the Holidays are all about giving and spreading the Christmas cheer.

3. Favorite toy received as a Child for the Holidays?

Oh man. I can remember it as if it were yesterday. I think I was 7 or 8 which would make my sister (9 or 10) Anyways, we would spend hours in our room playing with our Barbies so of course we asked Santa for more Barbies. But instead of just more Barbies we got something even better:

via

Santa brought me Barbie's riding stable
via
& my sister got Barbie's stable friends.

These toys took playing with our Barbies to a whole new level! lol

4. What was your must have item in high school for the Holidays?


via
My freshman year (my sister's junior year) we both got an engraved i-pod nano!

Sadly we didn't get it on Christmas day because they arrived late. Instead we got this from my parents

DF0525E0-5983-4060-8BD7-B245FBBBA3EE-13244-00000DA9ECFADED5, Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Inside it had a letter saying "Sorry but your present is arriving a little late this year, enjoy it and don't lend it to anyone, Love, Mom & Dad" and on a separate piece of paper it had a picture of the i-pod. I actually still have this note :)

5. Item you begged for the most and never got?

A bike. Each year I asked Santa for a new bike and he never brought it to me. So one year that we went to San Diego I just bought my beach bike on my own!

Photobucket

Meet Coraline :)

6. What do you do on Christmas Eve? 

My family and I spend our Christmas Eve with my Mom's side of the family and Christmas day with my Dad's side of the family.

So we just get together and eat the tamales that we made the day before, let the kiddos open their presents. And either watch a movie or play a board game. I think last year we played the Wii dance game.

1 comment: